Makes 8 small tortillas.
NOTE: work the dough as little as possible.
- 2 C All-purpose flour
- 3/4 t Salt
- 3/4 t Baking powder
- 3 T Olive oil
- 1/2 C (plus a bit more) just boiled water
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add olive oil and incorporate into flour mixture. It should look like a very coarse meal with bigger chunks and smaller chunks.
- Slowly mix in boiled water to make a soft but not sticky dough. Work as little as possible.
- Form dough into a rough ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and rest for 45 minutes.
- Heat gas grill to high.
- Cut dough into 8 equal sections and form into balls working the dough as little as possible.
- Roll each ball into a roundish 6″ tortilla about 1/8″ thick. Do not overwork.
- Place on hot grill for about 30 seconds or until bottom has brown sear marks and bubbles appear on the top.
- Turn over and grill for another 30 seconds or so, or until brown spots appear.
- Wrap in a dish towel to keep warm and moist until serving.